Thursday, January 6, 2011

Two Things

So we have noticed two things so far. Tristan still says he is happy to be going to school and when we pick him up, he does not want to go home. 

But this morning, he didn't want me to leave. I gave about 6 hugs and kisses, checked out the fish and the gerbil, and looked at the snack table with him! I was freed when Ms. Suzanne asked Tristan to come help her with setting up. He went to help happily enough and there were no tears.  It seems like he just wants a playmate more than he doesn't want me to go.  It may be because we get there so early and there are no other kids in the class yet so maybe he feels a little lonely? But as soon as he is given something to do, he seems fine. So we will keep a watch on that and see what happens. I am going to have my husband take him into the class tomorrow and see if it is just me!

The other thing we have noticed, two nights in a row, is that he is wide open after we pick him up. He talks a mile a minute about anything and everything and doesn't stop moving. I don't think it is a bad thing - it seems he is just more outgoing and more active. He has a ton of energy and he does not want to sit still. We will keep an eye on that too - I am certain they are not feeding him straight sugar or caffine so I have to think it is just an "opening up" of his personality. He really is talking quite a bit more and he is also not so shy of people he doesn't know.  He says "hello" more readily and talks to them.  

Lunch was a success yesterday. Of course, he did get to take Chick-fil-a nuggets to eat. The only thing he didn't eat was some cheddar cheese. I think it is a little too sharp for him.  So today - some more nuggets, apple cinnamon muffin, blueberries, applesauce and a breakfast bar (because I know he will eat that!). I am positive I need to find a way to get some veggies in somewhere. I need to look for a book on hiding good stuff in foods kids will eat!  
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment