Thursday, January 13, 2011

More Snow Days

The school was delayed 2 hours today which at first I was a little peeved about. But then I realized both the neighboring counties on either side of us, were out a full day again! My husband and I both stayed homed Monday and Tuesday and then I came to work yesterday and my husband stayed home. Today, my husband went to work and I took Tristan to work with me until 10am and then took him to school for the 10:30am start. 

I will admit he was very good while with me at work except for when we called Gramma and he yelled into the phone "GRAMMA!".  Everyone got a kick out of that.  I am lucky that my boss and the people I work with are pretty easy going about situations where you have to bring your kids with you for a short time because you just have nothing else you can do with them.  I couldn't miss even more work and with the school delayed, we had nowhere to take him. 
 
Tristan played his Mobigo computer games, colored on some paper, typed on my computer and called Gramma and Daddy on the phone. Here is one of his pictures:



He surprised me by writing his name out. I have seen him do it before but never with such clear lettering.   Not sure if he has been practicing writing at school or maybe it isn't odd that he can write his name at this age? I didn't really expect letters until he was kindergarten age or so!  But I am proud of him for writing his name, such as it is with a backwards R and not exactly straight!

I am being exposed to all new challenges as Tristan gets older. Things I never thought about before. What do I do when schools are out? How do I keep him occupied and busy while I am trying to work from home? How much tv is too much tv on days like this? Is it ok to let him eat M&M's for breakfast when he won't eat anything else?! 


Someday maybe I will become the all knowing, all prepared, and all organized mother I wish I could be, however, someday may not come until my 3 year old is 30! I will keep striving towards that goal and hope that I reach it sometimes if not all the time!


Here's wishing for sunny warm days!







0 comments:

Post a Comment