Since Tristan has to bring his lunch to his new school (and therefore I have to pack it...), we are having to get pretty creative with lunch ideas. Tristan is not known for his willingness to try anything not shaped like a chicken nugget or filled with peanut butter. And since I can't fill his lunchbox with cookies, doughnuts and candy, here are some ideas that I have gathered from across the vast world wide web.
Yogurt / applesauce
Dried fruit (raisins or craisins) and cereal "granola"
Carrots and dip
Any kind of fruit
English muffin "pizza"
French toast sticks/mini waffles or pancakes
Goldfish
Turkey/ham roll ups (on a tortilla)
String cheese
Graham crackers/animals cookies
"Smores" (Graham crackers, marshmallow fluff and nutella)
Grilled chicken strips
Cubed cheese
Breakfast bars
Fruit snacks
Muffins
Cheese and crackers
Pasta and sauce
Cream cheese and jam sandwich (tried to give him blueberry cream cheese yesterday - no go.)
Meatballs (Tristan loves the little meatballs in his ABC's 123's)
**saw this great idea - to send milk, freeze the container of milk when it is half full. In the morning, fill it up with cold milk and it should be perfect by lunchtime!
It will certainly be an exercise in creativity! Will make sure to let you know what works and what doesn't! I suposse if he gets hungry enough, he'll eat what I send! I am open to any ideas you all might have too - feel free to leave a comment!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment